New Releases Top Sellers Future Releases
Bargain Bin UMD Video Accessories

Browse Categories: Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, XBox 360, Playstation 2, XBox, Sony PSP, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PC

Nintendo Wii - Help I've Been Wiing All Day!


It seems that absolutely no one has escaped the gaming revolution of the Nintendo Wii. Whether you own one, are thinking of buying one, or know someone that has, this slick stylish slim line console is now a household staple that is Fit for Royalty, serious gamers and the average Joe. Nintendo Wii is everywhere; on TV, billboards, in the press. In January of this year it was reported in UK magazine The People that Kate Middleton got Prince William a Wii for Christmas. But he has to share it with his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II as she is showing signs of becoming a devoted gamer!

Well if it's fit enough for royalty... What are you waiting for?   My husband Shaun first got me thinking about getting a Wii when we got back from our honeymoon in April this year. At first I was completely against it. I try to get outdoors as much as possible, even if it means braving the elements to enjoy a bit of fresh air. I'm not the least bit sporty, but anything that involves a country walk (with a reward of a cafe stop at the end of it) or even a drive out to explore a lesser known area of the countryside or coast really appeals to me. So the thought of spending a heap of money on a gaming console that would have us 'tied up' for hours on end whilst being stuck indoors filled me dread. Shaun thought that I would really enjoy the Nintendo Wii, especially as it is so interactive and doesn't just have you sitting like a couch potato. But, I just wasn't convinced.   I think deep down I had the preconceived stereotypical idea that people that rate computer gaming as one of their hobbies, or even their only hobby, were just sad and needed to broaden their horizons and get out a bit more! So that was the end of the matter. We were not getting a Wii. Or so I thought.

During the summer we had a family gathering where one of our relatives brought along his Wii. The whole family agreed that the Wii Sports looked really fun, and eventually I was cajoled into having a go as my four year old niece could play the bowling and tennis games with ease. To my surprise (after dropping the bowling ball a few times and getting thrashed by my four year old niece) I actually really enjoyed the game. Nintendo Wii is truly innovative. I couldn't believe just how good the motion sensitivity was, and how much fun could be had by all the family as you add more players. Wii Sports enable you to really experience a sport that you would probably not try in reality, and you really do get a good cardio workout when it comes to the more vigorous games such as the boxing. You really do work up a sweat.

Watching your friends and family play is often just as entertaining as playing yourself . Some of the body actions required to play some of the games are truly comical! It wasn't too long after that family gathering that we bought our Wii. I have not regretted it! Shaun and I are currently slightly addicted to Mario Kart Wii. It's the most fun that I could ever imagine getting out of a racing game, and it's definitely not just for boys!   If you, like me, list Nintendo Wii gaming as one of your hobbies, then let me know your thoughts on Wii gaming and any other consoles that you use. If you are a casual gamer, what is your favourite game? What are your most pressing questions about Nintendo Wii?








My name is Jodie Lawton and I am the owner of WiiHealthZone.com.

The Wii Health Zone membership site is committed to giving members and Wii fanatics like you breaking Nintendo Wii news, Wii Fitness guides, Wii gaming guides, Celebrity Wii Spotter updates and more.

Wii Health Zone is currently giving away a FREE 10 day Wii Ecourse so that you will be Wii Savvy in a flash! Please visit http://www.wiihealthzone.com if you want to participate.