New Releases Top Sellers Future Releases
Bargain Bin UMD Video Accessories

Browse Categories: Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, XBox 360, Playstation 2, XBox, Sony PSP, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PC

Nintendo Wii for Oldies - Huh?


Kids and oldies alike, here are some basic thoughts on the best way to get a Nintendo Wii into your house. They may seem obvious but after reading this, I'll bet you come away with some great ideas, hopefully inspired by this article, on how to get your family onside, sort out Nintendo Wii pricing; ideas on where to purchase a Nintendo Wii and on the cost of Nintendo Wii games and accessories

Time was when "computer games" as oldies and wrinklies would refer to them, were regarded strictly the province of kids and adolescents. Those infuriating Beeps and Squeaks that plagued us from the back seat of the car, on the plane or on the train or bus and for some, that's how they still think of them. Nintendo's Wii has been changing all this.

Ok. Give the oldies a break. Until the latest Christmas advertising campaigns started, some probably thought a "Wii" was an electronic gizmo to stop bed-wetting! Let's face it - Wii - especially heard out of context does give, let's say, an ambiguous impression and granddad might have been thinking it was indeed something he wants for Christmas! It certainly pulled me up the first time I heard it. A lady acquaintance was trying subtly to suggest how I might go about Keeping Fit and recommended a "Wii" to lose weight. Well, think about how it must have sounded. You can imagine... and then we had a good laugh!

Kids, it's your DUTY to tell him about it and how he can improve his golf game. He'll thank you for it. Tell Mum how she can Keep Fit & Dad too. Wouldn't it be great to take Dad on at a game of baseball and thrash him?!!

They might even purchase a Nintendo Wii themselves. Problem sorted but look, if I wanted family to buy me a Nintendo Wii for a present, the two big issues are to check out Nintendo Wii pricing and where to purchase a Nintendo Wii. The cost of Nintendo Wii is going to be all important, wouldn't you say?!!

There's no point in getting family all gee-d up to buy, only to have to keep them waiting. Buy it while they're hot! You could do worse than to start at eBay where you'll find links to hundreds, if not thousands of offers or click on some of those Google or Amazon Ads. There not there for show; they often take you to some good places.

Although I personally promote my own eBay affiliate sites, I can say hand on heart that I do practice as I preach and start at eBay when looking for the best deals. You might not end up there but it has to be the first stop of choice.

Next, if they haven't seen the TV ads, or perhaps especially if they have, find a good video on YouTube. Just type in "Nintendo Wii" in the YouTube "Search" and you'll find dozens of videos that are going to blow your parents' socks off. You know your way around YouTube. Just find something great to show them and the video will do the rest. I'll bet they'll not have seen anything like it. That's just how it was for me! I could hardly believe my eyes; like the first time I saw a VCR working - remember those with tapes an' all - but I guess your all too young to remember those!

Golf, Karting, Baseball, Boxing, Soccer, Football, Cricket, Keep Fit. Even just chatting with your pals. There's squillions of stuff you can do with a Nintendo Wii.

I'm not going to bore you with Nintendo Wii technical specs. Kids - you know all about that. You know what it can do. You probably know better than you know your school and college work! Once you have a Nintendo Wii in your house. You'll all just have so much fun! Then again, another thought is if you can afford it, why not by a Nintendo Wii for Mum & Dad. Speaking as a Dad, I would be really made up if my kids bought ME one!

Nintendo Wii is simply the stuff your parents' dreams were made of!! Talk about Pathetic and Sad but be kind - humor them!








Sometimes using a pseudonym, I am a young at heart 60 year-old, exploring and now working in the fascinating dimension of Internet Marketing. After 36 years as a CPA/Auditor, it's like breathing pure Oxygen! Two of my early sites are http://www.lawrencesupersite.com and its UK sister-site: http://www.lawrencesupersite.co.uk